Tube Preamps...I'm sold

At the constant urging of my friend I finally decided to audition a tube preamp (Eistein The Tube). All I can say is I am completely sold on the benefits of tubes in my system. I am not sure I have the vocabulary to describe what I heard but everything just sounded right. Vocals has a realism that made it seem I was in the same room as the musician. Instruments sounded like they were supposed to. There were details I have never heard before. What is amazing to me is that I have what I believe to be a pretty good ss preamp (Classe CP-700).

Ok, now for the hard part...finding the right tube preamp. The Einstein is amazing but I want to audition more. Can anyone suggest a tube pre in the range of $10K and less? I would love to some one with an output trigger and very fine volume control (0.5db). Thats all I need.

Thanks in advance.
128x128tboooe
Thanks John. Knowing Michael's work I bet it will sound great, though the longer it takes the more people will expect I would think. It doesn't sound like it's for me though, with no remote. Sorry, I just can't go that route. I would like to get everything into one chassis, but on the other hand, I'd hate to be burning expensive NOS phono tubes if I am listening to cd's or gasp...HT. That is one advantage of seperates. I considered that Aesthetix Janus for about 2 minutes, until I realized I'd have 8 phono tubes burning all the time, whether I was spinning vinyl or not. Call me cheap, but some of those NOS tubes are going for more than $200 a pop now. Multiply that by 8 and you're getting into some serious cash flow.

Anyway, I really am enjoying my Ref 3, and have no further plans to upgrade. I hope that you give me the full write up on the WV when it comes out.

Cheers,
John
Thanks Jafox, for the explanation. The last I had heard, BAT was being handled by an outfit called Great Plains Audio, but googling them got a place in Oklahoma.

I've not had anyone describe the MP-3 as rolled off; I am guessing that something was up, but being that this was 5 years or more ago, hard to say what. Needless to say (although here I am saying it :) having a direct-coupled output on a tube preamp allows for some serious speed. At any rate there was some legal unpleasentness that happened a few years back; once I got that settled I was able to make some overdue improvements in the lineup. Its safe to say that any impressions made of our gear that long ago are not current, regardless of the impression.

BTW we are hoping to show a remote system for the MP-1 at either RMAF or CES...
Atma - thanks for the updated news. Some day I will have to try the MP-1 in my system.....put it up against the Io/Callisto and WV.
I think there is a deHavilland Mercury on audiogon. Not balanced though, balanced means more circuitry which is what you don't like about solid state. Chech out their website.
Hi Sounds_real_audio,
Not balanced though, balanced means more circuitry which is what you don't like about solid state.

This statement is not correct. Balanced differential circuitry will not give the signal anymore complexity than single-ended if it is executed correctly. There is only the *potential* of complexity :)