Tube rolling Audio Note DACs

I have an Audio Note 2.1x balanced DAC. One of the output tubes recently went bad (they were stock Philips) so i replaced them all with NOS in a bit of tube rolling fun. However, I could swear the new output tubes -- 7308/E188CC Siemens 1969 branded Westinghouse -- have a recessed midrange, but I can't be sure about this as these tubes also have better bass and high-end output than the stock tubes. They may just be better balanced.

Any other output tubes to try on the AN DAC?

Thanks.
budrew
clarification - I saw your system list (neat system by the way - should be a lot of fun to listen to!), but wondered what the other tube complement was...
sorry for the fragmented posts - not my best day!

Incidentally, changing the rectifier helps a lot too. Confirm the type and I can see if I have any spares that you like (gratis since most of those I can never use and feel guilty for hoarding when you could use it)...
Jwaugh, Thanks. The rectifier tube I added was a Tungsol 6X5GT 1957. This is supposed to be a pretty popular tube with AN DAC users. And frankly yes, my system is fun to listen too. I'm glad to be at the point where I am. Some people dis Mcintosh, but I've tried many other brands and in the end you know what i like.
I put a pair of new JJ/Tesla E88CC into my 3.1x Balanced, and they did a very nice job - better extension and even more of that wonderful midrange clarity. A pair of NOS Brimars didn't work out as well. I left the rectifier alone.