Tweaks

The latest issue of Absolute Sound has a list of 15 or so tweaks that they say are worth doing. I would like to get some feedback from others about 3 of them.

1. Grounding Caps for unused preamp inputs.
2. Equipment anti-vibration devices such as Vibropods.
3. Aligning interconnects and power cords so that they cross at right angles to each other. (This sounds like a very difficult thing to arrange).
frepec
I have found that those tweaks work if your system is sufficiently resolving enough to hear them. Make your own grounding plugs as sidssp sugests. V-Pads (rubber-cork-rubber pads and available at HVAC suppliers for about $2.50)are MUCH better than Vibrapods and lots cheaper but Still Points and Mapleshade brass footers are even better.

I find it near impossible to get cords at 90 degrees to one another.
For well thought out system suggestions get Jim Smith's book "Get Better Sound" Worth every penny.
http://www.getbettersound.com/
I have found that tweaks can make a very positive difference. Some are more effective than others and it takes some patience and 'trial and error' to get a system sounding it's best. I look at tweaks as if it were a componet in a system. Getting the right combination may cost as much as any other type of upgrade and can be just as significant.

One word of warning is to stay away from products from a company called DakiOm. Some of the products can damage certain componets... and while the effects can be entertaining, they are anything but truthful to the source.
Wow, some pretty rude posts here. It's early, but obviously the liquor store is open early in some spots.

I apologize for the idiotic and rude posts from some of the other Audiogon community members, to your pertinent, relevent, and intelligent question.

I think the Vibrapods make a small difference, but it's dependant on what type of rack you are starting with.

Crossing the wires makes sense, but I have always done that so couldn't tell you if it makes a difference or not.

The caps do seem to work. They seem to stop or lessen feedback problems too.

Macdadtexas,

Other than Chuck's (Krell_man) post, which of the other posts were rude and/or idiotic? (And even Chuck's post was only slightly rude, as it was more condescending than actually rude.)

FYI: Personally, I took more offense at your post, than I did of Chuck's to be perfectly honest.