Tweaks

The latest issue of Absolute Sound has a list of 15 or so tweaks that they say are worth doing. I would like to get some feedback from others about 3 of them.

1. Grounding Caps for unused preamp inputs.
2. Equipment anti-vibration devices such as Vibropods.
3. Aligning interconnects and power cords so that they cross at right angles to each other. (This sounds like a very difficult thing to arrange).
frepec
I can only give you feedback on one of the three things you asked about - anti-vibration devices certainly can make a difference in my experience.

I would qualify that, and further comment on any of the input you get here by saying this:

The differences made by any of these devices or techniques are going to be largely dependent on two important factors - how resolving is your system, and how discriminating are you as a listener? An encouraging answer to both to pursue this further then begs the next question - are the differences you hear worth the price you paid (which I guess is at the core of why you are taking a poll here)? Really, only you can answer this question yourself by trying various things in your own system. I would say that if it is NOT a very resolving system then some of these tweaks may not have a very discernible effect. If it is, then you may want to buy used and listen for yourself. If it doesn't warrant the price, resell them here at a minimal, if any, loss. If you decide to invest in one of those clever little clocks, or telephone calls that transform your entire system, I would warn you that you will not likely recoup that investment anytime soon.
In all fairness to the 'other school of thought', some of the science associated with tweaks is a little .... weak? Solid State Microphonics? Tubes without question, but SS? I can also see doing something with a CD / optical player. But what? Isolate? Couple to a surface? Hi hysteresis rubber? Lo? On granite? On Maple? or try a Maple / Granite laminate?

I'd love to give some of this a try, but my pockets simply are not deep enough and there is not enough time for testing.

Everyone says to 'experiment' with little or no convincing / consistent theory, as near as I can tell. Even the Stereophile article assumes the effect and how it works with no objective proof.
As for isolation devices, there is a ton of info on AA and in particular, a "shootout" of several well know devices conducted by Zog under "isolation devices binge" in the Tweaks/DIY section.
One point that hasn't yet been made about Vibrapods. Do not even think of using them without something underneath them. They will destroy the finish on wood and even metal (they etched the metal top of an amp of mine). The protective device has to be stronger than paper towel "doilies" too (I learned the hard way). I really dislike these things and much prefer the Mapleshade approach to resonance damping.