Upgrade from Verity Parsifal to Parsifal Encore??

Hoping to hear from people who upgraded their original Parsifals to the Encores (tweeter and woofer change I believe).
What were the most noticeable differences?
I'm considering the upgrade but it's a little spendy. Trying to get a feel if it's a marginal difference or night and day.

Thanks!
jbaucom
I've never heard the first gen Parsifal (so I can't speak directly to your question), but I've had my P/Es since +/- 1999 and they're IMHO very, very good speakers. However, there was another upgrade (Ovation) about 7 or 8 years ago, IIRC, which complicates matters a bit. You are effectively upgrading to a long discontinued product - which might be a less than ideal value equation. Really just an FYI, since newer Verity Parsifal speakers have gotten very expensive over the years. I'd still cross shop the smaller speaker (Leonore?) just to sanity check the value vis a vis the upgrade.

Who knows, it might just work on the numbers, anyway. In any case, it's something to chew over before you pull the trigger.

Good Luck.

Marty
Bjesien, what do you mean "Rockport probably presents the best challenge to my ears"?
Hi Don,

For my next speaker, I am trying to decide between the exact same 2 speakers you have had.
I am trying to decide between a new Orangutan O/93 and Verity Parsifal Encore (used) which are approximately the same price range.

Can you tell me what made you switch to the Orangutan from the Parsifal, and how they compare.

I am leaning towards the Parsifals so far.

Bhaskar
Bhaskar- First of all, you are on a really good track, with these two speakers. If I had deep pockets, I would run either Fidelio Encores or P/E's in a second system. The P/E's, unlike the F/E's, can be s tricky load. I think the P/E's work best with med/high power tube amps. They can also do well with SS, if that happens to be your preference.
I would lean to a more neutral/linear tube amp, that can control that 8" woofer. The 0/93, with it's high impedance, will of course open more amp options. Is there a specific amp you own or like, that you would want to use?
Fjn04, I didn't state that clearly. I think Rockport is a strong but expensive player in audio. If I were ever fortunate enough to spend real money on a speaker it would probably be on a Rockport.
How is the soundstage of the 0/96 compared to the Parsifal? I've always preferred the staging of the Fidelio and Parsifal (much more expensive) to the Super 8's and Nines.
Should also mention that Devore is very talented and makes great speakers.