USB DA recommendation needed

I have an apple G4 cube that i want to use as jukebox for my stereo. I am looking for an external soundcard that gives me good sound. I am getting a Linn Majik, which has only analogue inputs, so the soundcard should have rca jacks.

I tried the m-audio firewire audiophile, but it crashes the cube all the time, even though it sounds great. I also tries an imic and it sounds horrible, but works flawlessly.... so maybe usb is the way to go.

What other options are out there? not needing drivers is a plus.

thanks!

O.
runner77
Hey Rsbeck, can you watch DVDs (Dolby Digital or DTS sound) through your Mac and Apogee Mini-DAC?
For DD and DTS, I believe you'll need a different type of sound card. You can connect a Mac G4 powerbook to some types of displays and watch DVD's and you can play the sound through the Apogee DAC in two-channel, but for multi-channel, DD, DTS, etc -- you'll need a different kind of DAC.
I got some emails about the current status....

So I ended up getting a Edirol UA-5. Setup way easier than the m-audio, basically plug and play.... and then I forgot about it :-)

Sounds great to and hasn't given me a crash once in 3+ months.
Works with DVDs etc., you forget that its not the internal sound.

The only negative is that i wish the box would be smaller, so i could hide it better. It has way more features than I need (mic inputs etc..) but maybe they come in handy some day.

i am now thinkign of gettign an airport express and hooking that up via toslink to the edirol :-)
Runner, I was looking at this unit to. You are probably following the other thread as well. The Waveterminal looks smaller, but I should probably see if I can track down some dimensions to verify this. It looks like a high quality unit that doesn't have all the extra features.
i think you are right, the wabeterminal seems smaller.
what i like about the ua5 is that it really works without any drivers, thus the next system update is not going to trash it.
This was one of my problems witht he audiophile:unstable drivers
actually, the manual volume adjuster is pretty handy in levelling the outputs to other sources.