Usher 6371 vs Von Schweikert VR4jr

I like a forward midrange and a good low end. I listen mainly to classic rock, Pink Floyd, Supertamp, Chris Rea and some classic country Johnny Cash Mac Davis etc..

Any thoughts from users of either?
braminator
Well I am picking the Von's up on Sunday. I ordered some Paul Speltz Anti cables to biwire them using different taps on my McIntosh that has the autoformers. I hope it all sounds like I think or hope it will. If not I guess I will try again after giving it some time to grow on me.
I also went with the anti-cables bi-wired to the VR-4JRs from monoblocks. No doubt there is something better, but I have never owned a system that sounded better than this combination. I hope you have the same good fortune!
Well I hope as well to have a good match. I will be using a McIntosh 6850 for the amp using the 4 and 8 ohm taps on it to biwire.
How is the bass? Do you feel like you need a sub? I read in another post that the claimed 25htz was not realistic, but then I read the review and it said it was real. Any feedback?
The VR-4JRs' bass is very real. I have used several test tones and re-calibrated RS SPL meters and plotted the frequency response. Of course it is room dependent, but from my listening seat there is bass flat to 25 Hz, -3 dB at 20 Hz and -6 dB at 18 Hz. It falls off fast. I tried putting my Hsu VTF-3 on just for frequencies below 25 Hz and it didn't matter with any material I listen to. Even Planet Drum and Victor Wooten. The bass is deep, fast and tuneful if the speakers are set up properly.