VA Beethovens upgrade to Strauss experience/advice

On balance I am happy with the performance of my Beethovens but I 've got the itch to replace them with the Strauss.I must admit I lot of my motivation is simply based on ego and I really like the looks of the Strauss and the Mahler.
My dilemma is in my current room (23Lx16Wx7H)the bass of the Beethovens is just about right and I am concerned that the Strauss may take it over the top. Even still I am willing to take the challenge if the Strauss tops the Beethovens in the area's of midrange, teble, soundstage etc.

For example, the Strauss have the Scan-speak 7 in. mid-bass drivers. What do they contributre or take away vis a vis the 5.5 inch drivers used in the Beethovens. Are the tweeters the same similar or different.
erniec
If you are in the U.S., I think the best place to start with your questions would be Sumiko, the U.S. distributor.

PS - I own Mahlers.
Try listening to the new Beethoven Concert Grand, they make the old Beethoven sound broken. I heard them side by side with the Mahlers and they held their own, especially in the mid to high range. I must also mention that the bookmatched rosewood option is definitely worth the extra $500. Check out sumikoaudio.net for a description of the changes made.
I owned the Beethovens for a couple years, and upgraded to the Strauss about two years ago. I considered the Mahler's but the dual 10 inch woofers over-powered my room. My room is similar in size to yours (24L X 14.5W X 8.5H).
I think the Strauss was an definite improvement in almost all areas, low bass, mids, highs, soundstaging, etc. The family signature was similar, but the Strauss gave you more of everything. It's mid's were a bit more relaxed and effortless with the Scan-Speak drivers. I believe the tweeter is the same, but with additional coating/treatment. I don't know if it was the crossover or what, but the high's seemed to have more air, less congested.
As for the bass, this is the one area that was a split decision. The Strauss has better extension and power, but I do believe the Beethovens had a better upper bass, quicker, punchier, better attack. The Strauss sounding just a tad slower in the upper bass region. The Beethoven's didn't dig as deep or with as much authority in the lower or mid bass regions though.
It should be noted that I have not heard the newer Beethoven Grand's though.

Overall, I've very happy with the Strauss upgrade. Two years later, I'm not speaker hunting at all.

Regards,
John
The Strauss/Mahlers have much better dynamics and can play much louder without congestion. They also have a more transparent and accurate midrange, the Beethoven while soothing is a bit warm. They also project a larger and more holographic soundstage. As far as the bass, I tamed Mahlers for a room smaller than yours by using a great amp (Pass X-350) that can control the woofers, and using Nordost Red Dawn or similar silver cables to tighten the bass. Then you have the best of both worlds, extension impact and accuracy in the bass, dynamic range that must be heard to be believed, and silky smooth highs.
Sbrtoy,
Thanks for your response. I believe I read that you had to "downgrade" to the VR4jr. I have read so many positive comments about these speakers I am curious as to why you consider them a step down from the Mahlers that preceded them