Vinyl reissues

Do vinyl reissues sound the same as the originals?
tbromgard
Emorrisiv - Don't be sorry for me owning FBR, you should feel sorry for your friend for having a "money no object" system that appears, by your friend's own description, incapable of showing the engagement, dynamics, soundstage and sound floor that this reissue delivers in magnificent fashion.

And too, I would be far more interested in your opinions of this had you actually heard any of which you speak.
Tim, I will get back with first hand listening soon.

I never said anything about being sorry for you.
I didn't mean to sound disrespectful.I only typed that I have not heard a reissue that was better than the original.
The FBR is such a great piece that it can stir emotions.I am sure your copy is excellent. I own several reissues,most of them are MoFi half speeds from the golden age and most of them are disappointing.They get some things right and miss in others that are more important.

The one thing I need to also say about reissues: thank god that they are making them!
It makes these albums that much easier to find.This is particularly true for those who are new to vinyl.

happy Christmas

e
Hi,
It is true a well recorded original usually will sound alive more so then the dead sounding efforts behind many of these reissues of today.
To add to this decline in quality the vinyl itself seams flawed. Materials ,process, lack of knowledge? How many plays will your $50.00 reissue stand up to before it degrades even more?
Emorrisiv agree about the Mobile Fidelity half speeds,the power of advertising convinced the deaf other wise.
I think if we were to eliminate the word "Audiophile" the prices of these reissues would be more reasonable.$50.00 for ANY record is nuts! Can you imagine the poor guy operating the stamper;while each pressing comes off he says to himself,$50.00,$50.00,$50,00. Then goes home with $50.00 after working all day.

Happy Christmas

E