Von Schweikert speakers..

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I would be interested in hearing any feedback from folks who either own or have done A/B comparisons between the Von Schweikerts (any models but specifically the VR4 SR MKIIs or VR4 JR MKIIs) and the Wilson puppies and sophias or the B&W 802Ds. For those of you who own them I would be interested in hearing which amplifiers you chose to drive them and why. Thanks in advance.
128x128es347
My opinion. After owning B&W 802's, I found them lacking in bass, definition, air, depth, and are way overpriced. I bought them on a rebound when my wife died...should never have done it.

Wilson - not for me

Von Schweikert....look up goniff

//just my opinion... audition Vandersteen, Magnepan, Theil, Quad, etc.
You've lost me. What does "lookup goniff" mean? As far as price is concerned, the model VSA speaker I am looking at is over $4K less than the 802s. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Oh ok. You are accusing Albert Von Schweikert of being a swindler. He must in some way be associated with the Bush administration I suppose. Again, thanks for sharing your opinion.
I owned the VR SR mk 11 and I have heard the Wilson 6, 7 ,8 speakers.
Here is my opinion of both.

The VR were ok , they do require a very long break in time. I did play them for many months .
I never quite liked the bass or the treble. The Bass was not deep and defined and the Treble was rather hot.

The Wilson Watt Puppy 6 was shrill the 7's better and the 8's much better.
However, The bass and the midrange/treble on the 8's seemed to be disconnected. Like they were coming from 2 seperate sytems.

I ended up buying the Eggleston Works Andra 2 for about the same price new as the VS new. I like them much better. Better bass and the tweeter used is very refined.
Just my opinion to your posting. Hope it helps.