Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
I think all of your responses were very factual and mature (not always the case). I used to work at Cadence Design Systems - One of the top EDA software companies, so you are right about most of the chip designers and foundries not being in China. My point in making my general statement was that not buying Von Schweikert speakers will not make a bit of difference in toppling communism in China. Especially, since we are not all driving Fords and Chevys, and we all have electronic and other items made in China -- It’s unavoidable.

But how can I argue when your hearts are in the right place. That’s really what counts whether it makes much difference or not.
Have all of the VR4jr users biwired the speakers? If so, which cables were used? I have them powered by a McIntosh 2102 but not biwired, and there is some graininess. Thanks for your counsel!
AGA
I am expecting my pair in a few weeks. At least initially, I am not planning on bi-wiring. I'll have a single run o Kimber 8TC to each speaker and a pair of custom jumpers (made of 8TC) to replace the stamped metal plate jumpers they VSA supplies. Besides that I will use the supplied umbilical to connect the two sections of the speaker. I know biwiring is preferable, and bi-amping even more so. What are others doing?
I am biwiring, haven't compared it to single runs, but I think the most significant change in sound (and should be almost mandatory) is adding lead shot and of course, decoupling from the floor. I bent the supplied spikes all up, and bought more sturdy ones. But the difference was huge.

I have heard that biwiring makes a significant difference but haven't experienced it myself.

I am still trying to figure out the rear ambiance driver setting. I've been messing with it and it sounds good in different ways in different positions.
I added sand to the bass chamber of my VR-2's and will be adding lead shot to the bass chamber of the 4jr's when I get them. I believe this to be mandatory. It made a significant difference to my VR2's.