VPI Scout upgrade path?

I have a VPI scout and want to begin upgrading. I have a limited budget and can afford to do this in steps of about $1000.00. What is the best path? Start with the Scoutmaster upgrade first, new tone arm first or SDS first? Or is it wiser to do the new arm and 300 RPM motor then the SDS and skip the Scoutmaster upgrade?
Thanks
rickcomer
Thanks for the input. I'm going to noodle this one a few days before I decide which way to go.

Rushton, sorry I asked a question that had already been hashed. I did a search but missed this posting. I read the thread and there is some good advice.
HI Rickcomer,
My suggestion is outright sell your scout and pickup a scoutmaster. This will fit your current budget without any issues. You need to improve your foundation first before considering other upgrades. Drop me a line when you're ready and I will make sure that you can maximize your dollars. Thanks
Anthuan
Rickcomer, happy to be able to point you to some additional information. Audiogon's search function is pretty weak; it's often difficult to find earlier threads from the archives, so glad I could help.