WA-Quantum GmbH's Quantum Chips

WA-Quantum GmbH's Quantum Chips has anyone tried these?

I have tried the fuse chips and I am quite impressed! How the ... ???

So, I went ahead and ordered chips for speakers,cables,and transformer chips. I also purchased a few more fuse chips to try on circuit breakers / outlets.
Heck, I may even try some of them on my Synergistic powercell.
Luckly they come with a 30 day return.

I have read Norm's positive review on Stereo Times.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried these.
128x128ozzy
Nope, Geoffkait, not this time. I know to do it, but not right now. I'm going to live with it in one direction for two weeks and then I'll change it and play the same music again. Sometimes, something like the change in voltage coming in thru the wall can throw off the sound as well. I opt -these days- for a longer "trial run" and then change. Besides, the only thing to change is the fuses. I had the Capacitor chips on my Hurricanes, and found that using four of them reduced the realism on CDs that have that capability. When I took them off both amps, the realism was reduced again, which meant I could use two, but not four. My experience is that the chips (as many of us know) don't work in every application, no matter what the manufacturer thinks (or even individuals). There's enough examples on this thread alone to show that the chips DO work, just not in every spot. I'm exceedingly curious about the chip that one puts on the breaker box (that one's on its way). If it works, Great! If it doesn't, well, back it goes to the place I bought it from.
I wish they worked on every single thing you put them on, but I just haven't found that to be the case, although the Synergistic fuses, with the WA Quantum chips wrapped around them, have yet to fail to make noticeable differences.Good ones (more transparency, more air around instruments and a fuller timbre), but I think part of that is Synergistic, which is similar to Shunyata in that they also have a fuller timbre, no matter WHAT the product is. They're probably pretty powerful in the midbass, which gives an instrument its "body." I was playing Malcom Arnold Cornish Dances tonight, and I thought, hmmm...the sound is clearer, and timbres better, but the CD itself remained "light"- sounding as in, say, the difference between Nordost,which is lean in timbre (although very fast) and Shunyata,which has more tonal color. (And I have both: Valhalla, Tyr and Shunyata's Cobra line so I can hear the difference between them).
The fuse was a good thing, since, if putting the Synergistic fuse in the system made the Arnold CD sound "thicker" I would have known it was a coloration. I've heard the Arnold in enough systems to know that it isn't ever going to sound as though it has a "presence" to it.
But back to the Quantums. In some applications, they shine. In others - where you're sitting back going, Oh MAN, this is gonna be great - it doesn't pan out that way. I still think they're fantastic on fuses, which is where they show the most immediate improvements.
Gbmcleod, tweaks are a real crapshoot. Trial and error is all we have going for us. I put a Syn. Res. Quantum fuse in a new preamp and was amazed. Then the next day it was better, as on the third day. I got suspicious and took it out. It was not as good but still it was considerably better than before I put the SR in.

Finally, I put the SR back in with a major improvement. Was I happy? Yes, but not satisfied. I put a WA Quantum fuse Chip on the SR fuse yesterday and last night listened critically-wow!

I cannot be absolutely in praise of the WA Quantums, however. The Line and speaker Chips only work IMO on some wires and speakers. The SR Quantums are directional and in all cases I found, their writing goes the wrong was, which guides me to how to initially put them in, once I check with the manufacturer, if they even know. You can check by putting your meter on the hot blade of the IEC and find which internal wire shows continuity. This is with the switch of the unit off.
Gbmcleod, I agree, the chips don't always work, but I also think sometimes the effect can be subtle, so until the system gets more resolved the effects might not show up. It's also not clear how long these chips take to "settle in," if at all. I have heard different stories, ranging from zero to one hour to one week. After all is said and done I'm getting very good results with one Cable chip on the wire coming into the breaker box, transducer/coil chips on headphones and AC filter inductors inside electronics. I have quite a few small and large capacitor chips, and quite a few semiconductor chips on DAC and other ICs, of which there are at least 10 in the Oppo.
Geoffkait, the WA Quantum Chips remind me of Acoustic Revive jade tweaks. Since there is no real theory for why they work, everything is trial and error. I think their effects vary greatly as does their breakin period. My most extensive experiences are with the Fuse Chips. Even there the impact varies how long it takes to have its fullest effect. Generally, it is very quick. Overall, the Chips may even have a negative effect as did AR Jade.