What DAC to use with a Sony XA7ES

I find my XA7ES which is a stock unit is on the heavy side of sound. Meaning I feel I have to much low end and not controlled. Want to get more excitement into this unit. I can use more detail in the mids and less boom on the low end. I want to try a Dac and hoping someone else is using the XA7ES for a transport and what Dac you may be using with good results.
Any help on picking out a Dac would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
valleyplastic
Bigkidz,
I wanted to send you a e-mail and once again this Audiogon system will not allow it to go through? dadt531@aol.com
Dave
Bigkidz,
Do you have the XA7ES, or have had and have found the 2 Dac's mentioned above to be best suited for this player?
Any comments on the Benchmark?
Dave
I'm havng fun with a MHDT Paradisea DAC paired with my 1992 Sony CDP-C77ES.

It's very musical, but since it gives up a bit of extension and resolution it probably wouldn't win a contest among SOTA DACs . I find it doesn't matter to me. It just sounds great, and it's brought new life to my 16 year old Sony changer.

Check out the review. It's on target, IMO.
Have you considered that your speakers or speaker placement may be to blame? At the level of sound quality of your unit, it's exceedingly hard to improve upon...
Just a suggestion, but you should definately look into NOS DACs, they are currently all the rage, and many prefer them over oversampling designs.

You can also get a NOS DAC at a fraction of the price of an oversampler.

Once you decide whether to upsample of not, you'll have a better starting point.

If this hobby were easy, it wouldn't be as much fun!

Good Luck