What is your favorite tube for a preamplifier ?

Personally I like what the classic 6SN7 vacuum tube does
for opening up the soundstage and the 3 dimentional images it produces,along with the 5AR4 rectifier tube.
Please add your opinions and why.
2channelsaudio
Hi 2 channel

I recently got a cyber 222 and am enjoying it very much. I also replaced the 5AR4 with a mullard and replaced the 6SN7 s with NOS tubes but not all the same. Each one different in fact as I read that a combination of them can sound good.
My pre was modified by parts conexion so is not stock. Was wondering how you changed the power cord ? Is that the one between the power supply and the pre ? Would like to hear your thoughts on the volume control too . I found there was not enough range between (4)and (5) so have tried some inline attenuators . They help but I think they have taken the highs away unfortunately. Be good to hear your thoughts.
The 7193 (2C22) is the king of preamp tubs in my opinion. I converted my Supratek preamp to use these instead of 6SN7s; much crisper and clearer treble, with images that hover in the room with you.
The 7193 (2C22) is the king of preamp tubes in my opinion. I converted my Supratek preamp to use these instead of 6SN7s; much crisper and clearer treble, with images that hover in the room with you.