What's the Sonic Character of Accuphase Amps?

I've listened to many amplifiers but unfortunately haven't had the chance to audition an Accuphase. Therefore, I have no clue what the sonic character of these amplifiers is.
I would appreciate it if you could describe to me what a listener might expect. Also, I know they have an "A" line, "P" line and a "M" line. What are the differences sonically between the A & P?
bwhite
Hi Bob,

Thanks for that outstanding reply! From what you say, it seems like the P450 will be perfect for my use. I recently had a 100 watt amp in my system and while it clipped only once, it could easily go louder than I (or the neighbors) care to listen. I am only hoping that a more powerful amplifier will control the speaker better - volume is not a issue.

Thanks again Bob!!
By the way, has anyone ever compared Accuphase amplifiers to something like the Lamm M1.1? I would be curious to know how they compete/compare.
That's funny you mention that, I called an accuphase dealer and was asking about pre amps and I mentioned Lamm and he sort of trailed off mumbling in an undistinguishable language. Wasn’t sure what he meant but it was pretty funny, I figured it would be best not to talk to him about amps on that day, so I kept it strictly pre.
What about the 307E integrated does it have the same sonic character? I am using tubes and i would like a little more detail.Cannot find a dealer to do a demo in my area and that includes the local A&P Thanks Larry
Bwhite: as it happens I did, with the GenesisV/Cat combo described in my previous post. (The same day I tried the Accuphase, in fact. Amazingly, we both have had identical thoughts...!).
There was more "punch" with the Lamm's -- but deceptively so: clarity and tonal accuracy were superior (to my ears, ofcourse) with the Accu 50's playing in mono.
Pls note that the Gen V are a bi-amp design; my impressions therefore relate to the upper and mid range down to 85Hz.
Cheers