What tt 's have you sold after getting a Lenco?

I'm intrigued to see what happens here. Since Johnnantais's monster thread has been running for 2 years i feel it would be great to see what turntables people have put to one side after having replinthed and re-armed a Lenco. There have been, I know, some very expensive TT's sold to make way for a Lenco.

I personally replinthed a Lenco GL75 and have an OL Silver arm and Denon DL103R cart on it now. I then sold a Thorens TD160 and a Garrard 401 on a nice plinth. One caveat here is that, while my Lenco beat my Garrard in every way, Johnnantais has managed to get a Garrard 301 to sound to him very close to a Lenco.
gilbodavid
Dear Johnnantais: +++++ " it was time to raise the possibility that the adoption of the belt-drive system was a mistake ... "+++++

I totally agree with you. I know for sure that a direct drive Technics SP10 MK2/3 / Denon DP-100 / EMT 949 ( we don't need to take the Rockport one, but it is a possibility. ) with the right plynth/tonearm/cartridge/plataform/etc could beat the best belt-drive desings and that your " Alexander the Great " could do it too.

It could be interesting / educational to do a serious/profesional TT test about, taking the best belt-drive TT like: Walker/Verdier/SME/Acoustic Signature/ Micro Seiki / Simon Yorke /etc, etc. and test it against Lenco/Technics/Denon/EMT, in the same audio system and with similar/same tonearms and cartridges.

Who say: I? !!!! Johnnantais?, Albert?, Rushton? Mike?, Who?, who?.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hi Raul, great to read your open-mindedness (a rarity in high-end audio ruled by reviews of expensive equipment/quality-as-measured-by-price) and sense of adventure!! I'm for it. In fact, with everything I've learned about rebuilding Lencos since I started this thread, having built several for others and for myself in order to spread the Speed Stability Uber Alles gospel, I am currently building the Ultimate Expression of the Lenco, as I know it. It will be HUGE, it will weigh 100 pounds, it will be serious, it will float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, and slam like a wrecking ball, and it will have two tonearm-boards. Once priorities settled - all money goes for a trip appreciating live music in scented gardens in the Mediterrenean - I will be ready for the Great Traveling Lenco Show, where I will challenge the finest on the planet without fear, time and funds permitting of course. And the Lenco is quite superior to the Technics SP10 MKII, due to its purely momentum-generated and thus purely analogue speed stability (smoooooothhhh with no increments), as opposed to the audible quartz-locking (with many little increments) we'll see how the MKIII and others measure up. Belts drives woooOOOOowwwww and strrreeettttchhhhhh and slllliiiiippp and the timing thus suffers, no need to talk about it. Vive la Lenco!!

Johnnantais

Do you have a listening room that is open to some of us who is dying to hear a good modified Lenco. I am in Toronto Canada and I'm willing to fly, drive or even walk to your place just to hear the super Lenco. My curiosity is just killing me.

Best Wishes

Alex
Dear Johnnantais: +++++ " I am currently building the Ultimate Expression of the Lenco... " +++++

Can you e-mail me some info about? I really appreciate that.

+++++ " I will be ready for the Great Traveling Lenco Show, where I will challenge the finest on the planet without fear.... " +++++

Great!!!!. We will see who one else could join about.

Regards and enjoy the muisc.
Raul.
Hi Alex, unfortunately I am in transition right now, looking for a new location and so there is no news for the moment. There are some Lenco owners in my area I've helped achieve Lenco Happiness who are willing to demonstrate. If you e-mail me I'll e-mail them and we'll see wat we can set up. If and when I have a sound room worthy of the Mighty Lenco, which might be quite soon, I'll spread the news!