When and how did you, if at all, realize vinyl is better?

Of course I know my own story, so I'm more curious about yours.  You can be as succinct as two bullets or write a tome.  
128x128jbhiller
"randy-11if you think that vinyl sounds better, then your system is inadequate and you need a more resolving system with a better DAC"

If you are going to make comments like this you should post your system on Audiogon.
I prefer to take the view that posting systems mean absolutely nothing. Knowing what’s in the system is NOT a key to how the system sounds. And trying to imagine what a system sounds like based on photos is nothing more than idle speculation. It’s all just posturing. Hel-loo! Example: one of the most expensive and renowned systems extant was out of phase for at least a year. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

We are all entitled to our opinions Geoff. I think if you are going to make a comment saying someone's system, or portions of it are inadequate, you should show what you have as a comparison.

jperry
We are all entitled to our opinions Geoff. I think if you are going to make a comment saying someone's system, or portions of it are inadequate, you should show what you have as a comparison.

I'm saying no such thing. Don't put words in my mouth! 
Geoff, please pay attention. Don't take my words and stuff them in your mouth when that was not my intention. ;-).

That comment was referring back to my original post. I was not talking about you, just indicating why I thought the person in my original post should have their (not your) system on Audiogon.

Best Regards,

Jim Perry