When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
Analog only lovers are going to have to face the fact that maybe digital will never capture the soul of music for themselves but for many people digital already surpasses the sound quality of vinyl and it will surpass it for most people very soon.

I have read many reviews and threads where dedicated vinyl lovers have found digital players that they enjoy as much as their vinyl gear. This will never happen for Michael Fremer or for some on this forum, but you have to realize that you are a very small but vocal minority.

I have already mentioned a few of times on these threads that according to the RIAA and Nielsen Soundscan, about one million new vinyl albums were sold last year. That is just not a lot of people buying a lot of vinyl.

Digital sound is improving rapidly and the learning curve on how to make digital sound great is about to go parabolic. I suggest that everyone keep an open mind on digital and get ready for high-res digital downloads.
" I suggest that everyone keep an open mind on digital and get ready for high-res digital downloads"

Hard to do when someone is convinced the medium is inherently flawed, which it isn't......

Personally, I'm ready to move forward and lay my fond memories of analog systems of the past to rest. In this case, truly the best is yet to come.

I just need a nice sized flat panel monitor so I can easily read about what I'm listening too, just like in the good old days of 33 1/3 lps. Only now, I will learn more as well because I am not limited to the space available with album packaging for content (let's not even talk about CD packaging though, the small size and packaging truly is the pits from a graphics design perspective).
Learsfool - Perhaps it was asked before, but don't they press some (or most) of the new LPs from digital master tapes? You said that "digital will never rival analog" - digital already won, seems to me.
Fear not... till Burnham Wood doth come to Dunsinane...

More seriously...if this thread keeps going...how long will it be before the complete works of Shaespeare are typed?
Shadorne - I recommend American Players Theatre in Spring Green Wisconsin. They play from original text on the hill in the forest (not Burnham Woods though but close).

My friend works for large recording studio. All analog (Apex) recorders were removed. He remembers good all times when they had to rewind (thousands of) tapes constantly (Few times a year each tape) otherwise it was copying itself from turn to turn (layer to layer) - I remember hearing this effect on some older LPs (in silence after loud passage). It was more of the ghost than soul of music.