When to get your amp up graded caps ???

I have a Mac 2250 that was purchased from AudioClassics justover two years ago and everything is good with the amp.. but it was made back in the mid 80s...How can you tell if some of that "stuff" on the inside needs updating?
Thanks Don
keslerd
I have 2 Electron Kinetics amps - one was built in the last 3 years, one is about 10 - 12 years old. The manufacturer (EKSC)advocates recapping after 10 years - insists the amps sound better and operate more reliably. The newer one sounds significantly better - which seems to support the point.
For any amp owner wondering about upgrade necessity I am willing to bet that a call to somebody who upgrades amps will result in an immediate suggestion to upgrade and/or replace stuff. I think in a lot of cases the saying, "If it ain't broke, etc." is apt. I'll send my amp in when it breaks (or buzzes or bursts into flames or fails to make Yo Yo Ma sound groovy) or sell it before that for something that doesn't need anything. Really "mister amp designer"...Please make it have the goods right off the bat as it seems kinda lame to say, "well...this item is available in "OK but could be better" or the SAME model can be had with "8 zillion extra micronodules of electron grommet steamers and krypton plated dust bunny phase corrected feet" for $372 more.
MAC does MAC gear best. i would find out from McIntosh about the caps. After 30 years the caps probably already were replaced.
The consistent age for amp caps has been twenty years. Ten years no way.
By twenty they can use replacing. Though they could work longer. Especially if used for the whole time, and used conservatively. (not overheated, not left unplugged for years..)
You can look inside to see if they are leaking, and check the brand. Find out if they are original from MAC.
Mike at AudioClassics says the amp was checked out at the time of sale, and that if anything needed replacing, it would have been replaced at that time... So may I rest in "audio peace" thanks to all....
I don't know anything about electronics, but I've been told that some of the capacitors available now are simply better than those manufactured in the past (e.g. 20 years ago). if that is indeed the case, it would make sense to upgrade older amps' caps, although that just raises the 'how much better will the sound be for the investment?' issue. I've upgraded caps before and noticed improvement which, while not mind-blowing, was clear. if you have a tech whom you trust and will do it on the cheap, it might be a low-cost way to get better sound and possibly extend the life of your amp too.