Where are you buying new vinyl?

One of life's necessary evils just came good for me - now every man and his dog is into selling vinyl again I found a wonderful use for my AMEX points this week I've been building up for a while - I treated myself to 500 bucks of barnes and noble gift cards and spent the lot on the good olde black stuff!

Based in NYC we still have a few independents left: my favs: Rebel Rebel, Other Music, & J&R Music World (who btw seem to pull out all kinds of oddities that have been collecting dust in their basement for years, a few weeks ago they had a bunch of sealed copies of the front/nixon interviews which actually turned out to be a fascinating listen!)

A recent visit to Boston burned a huge hole in my pocket (paid with my CC of course!) to Newbury Comics - they have a wonderful selection of pretty much everything out right now.

So where is everyone getting their stuff - bricks and mortar stores or online?
sub question - Has anyone bought vinyl from everyones favorite hi-fi store: best buy (!) - and did the experience affect you psychologically in some way?
jpearce1b
Houston has a great vinyl store for new vinyl; Cactus Records on Shepard, and I just found one around the corner that I had never seen Black Dog Records, that has been there for 20+ yrs. They have new vinyl, but specialize in great copies of old vinyl.

I also buy a ton from MusicDirect and some from Rhino and Amazon.
Dustygroove.com has a fantastic selection of jazz, blues, funk, etc. I've been extremely happy with their $10-$12 collection of Blue Note, OJC, Contemporary, and Prestige re-issues. All new, sealed, and sounding mighty fine !! I've also done well with SoundStageDirect, keeping my purchases in their "$12.99" collection. I refuse to pay $50 for a record album. Come on, MusicDirect and Acoustic Sounds, what's up with those super high prices ? Give us a break !! 180 gm., 45 RPM pressings @ $50 ?? What gives ?
A one-hour train ride from NYC, Princeton Record Exchange has an extensive selection of used rock & jazz LPs at good prices relative to metropolis.
In the Twin Cities, I get most of my stuff at Cheapo Records.

When in Denver, I always stop at the Black and Read in Arvada. Wax Trax has yielded some awesome stuff too.

Tucson has a great store, PDQ

When my band played a show in Chicago a couple of years ago, I went into Permanent Records. Not a big shop but they had a lot of cool stuff.