which headphones???

Here's the scoop:

I currently own a pair of Grado SR125's. Although they sound good, I have some issues with them.

First, comfort. Wearing them for extended periods kill my ears - my ears actually get sore.

Second - although the bass response is good (ie. tight and articulate), it just does not cut it when it comes to reproducing the lowest notes that might be heard in electronic music or hip hop etc. (yeah yeah!! I know that i've probably generated a few snickers from you readers, but my music tastes cover a VERY wide range - from Beethoven to Black Sabbath over to Public Enemy then back to Loreena McKennitt)

Soooo, I need a headphone that will do it all - and be able to reproduce those low notes of Paul Oakenfold's trance and the Boom Boom Boom of the Lost Boys.

I've so far read about Beyerdynamic (various models) and AKG K270's.

Because it's kinda difficult for me to find these cans anywhere, I will probably have to order them.

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!

Loose
loosevogtf603
Josh .. audiolabs are very good amps, but very neutral ... I'm not sure there's much "magic" with them. I have always preferred Cyrus amps as they seem to have more of a beat. Currently my main amp is a Densen B100, and it seems to me to be better than Audiolab, Cyrus and the Naim Nait. I hear that the Densen can be rather fussy of the speakers, though. If you're in the UK then I'd look out for a second hand Cyrus 3 with PSX power supply ... for me that's the best amp you'll get for the money, and probably much more enjoyable than the audiolab, though perhaps less accurate. I used to own a Cyrus 2 with PSX (now its residing at my parents' house) and it was slightly less refined than the Densen, but it had tremendous power and bass.
Unfortunately it has no headphone socket !
As stated by other posters, the Sennheiser HD600 is a good all-around headphone; but to get the best out of it, replace the stock cables (easy with the Senn) with Cardas or Equinox, and get a good dedicated headphone amp. The Cosmic, Earmax Pro and Headroom Max come to mind.
I just won an Aragon 2004 MKII on eBay, that should get things moving! I'll use the Audiolab as a pre and see how she sounds!

Got the Tweets for the P4's, but didn't fix the problem?
I think it has something to do with the groove in the magnet (not included with the tweeters from B&W)

Really weird if I switch the tweeters over, the dead one stays dead even when it's a brand new one?
I'll get with B&W tomorrow and get to the bottom of this...

Update soon :)

Josh