Which is Best loudspeaker in the $1000-1200 range?

I am planning to do an upgrade, and I would like to know which loudspeakers REALLY stand out in this price range. Please don't reply telling which loudspeaker you have. I want to know which are the true winners....I mean, those loudspeakers that cost a $1000 but sound like they cost $2500! Which are the "best buy" options that are a total consensus among audiophiles?
figueiredops
I don't own these so I hope this qualifies.___There is a pair of used Acoustat 2+2, w/Medalion's for 850 right now.That would be my choice.
If used is ok then I recommend Meadowlark Audio Shearwater Hot Rods. These were the best used speaker I found in your price range (maybe lower depending on condition)and I tried some very respected speakers. Very neutral, bass is there when called for but not over emphasized, wonderful tweeter. Good luck.
Ah, the quest for he holy grail, a reasonable system that sounds like a 50K system. I'm not sure it exists. Anyway, at that price point I would seriously look at the quad 11/12. Great reviews and a couple of brit. mags speaker of the year 2003. IMHO.
How about a clean, used pair of KEF 104/2s (bi-wire) w/KUBE? Those or some used PSB Goldis would be towards the top of my target list.
S7horton: I apologize if I offended you, any B&W owners, their family and affiliates. Over the years, I have noticed that B&W is one brand that must not be criticised. I still do not know why but I guess it has to do with the BMW thing. As far as I am concerned, I always found them overpriced and third choice at best in their price range. And whether you like it or not, I am entitled to say it.

For the record, I did not use them as an industry reference (or should I in the "rip off" category?): read the OP - "upgrade", check his system - B&W- and you'll see why I referred to them. Read first, then bark - at the right tree.