Which is Best loudspeaker in the $1000-1200 range?

I am planning to do an upgrade, and I would like to know which loudspeakers REALLY stand out in this price range. Please don't reply telling which loudspeaker you have. I want to know which are the true winners....I mean, those loudspeakers that cost a $1000 but sound like they cost $2500! Which are the "best buy" options that are a total consensus among audiophiles?
figueiredops
Beheme, we tolerate criticism. We get it, you don't like B&W. Good for you. Where the BMW analogy came from is beyond me.

I noticed you don't have a system posted. Most likely because the critic himself would never stand to be criticized.
Try the classic speaker pages, for 5-600 $ you can buy and fix up, or if someone else does the reconing, for about 1000 to 1200 end up with something that sounds a lot better than the (my opinion) junk made now....I saw a pair of AR-91 speakers on e-bay. Keep in mind that many speakers costing 2-3k, are not as good as many vintage models costing as little as a few hundred dollars. I believe hi-fi has gone downhill since the early to mid 90's, get something that sounds like music and not a spec sheet.....
If you have a large enough room, magnepan 1.6 speakers placed and driven properly should satisfy your quest. Try them with a classe CAP151 or vintage luxman R117 receiver.
Totem Sttaf - new $1500, Used <$900

GMA Europa - New $995 + ~$200 for good stands; Used <$650 plus stands.