Who are the Jazz Cats on Audiogon?

Okay, let's get down to it. WHO are the audiophiles on this site who claim JAZZ as their first music? In other words, every time you consider a new piece of equipment, it's because you want to hear Miles sound a little sweeter, or Trane sound a little more authorative, or Duke more like the master composer that he truly is? How about a roll call . . .
crazy4blues
Great music out there. Then and now, and not enough time to put a dent in listening to it. Figure, on a couple of hours a day. What's that in the scheme of 500 hundred+ CDs. I have more of a problem just trying to decide on what not to listen to. 2 hours is 2 hours. How much can you really listen to in that time? It is a wonderful couple of hours, though, when I have it.... peace, warren
I have bought more Jazz in the last several years than ever before. With the improvement of the sound of my system I find myself appreciating more different music, Jazz being the biggest volume increase.
I just got a Paco Pastorius LP today that I've wanted for a long time. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT!
Jazz is probably the most extraordinarily diverse music form, with many idioms to choose from and enjoy: trad, swing, be-bop, hard-bop, cool, west coast, vocal, free, avant-garde, contemporary, fusion, acid, smooth, funk, nordic, latin, cuban, etc. Some of these may not be well-regarded or even considered jazz by some, but to me they all include an element that is not usually found in other styles of music: IMPROVISATION.

Brad Meldhau (sp?) wrote in the liner notes of one of his recordings that if all forms of written/recorded music were lost, jazz would be one of the few forms of music whose players could return to their instruments and continue to play and create as if nothing had happened.
Yes-on the Jazz, no on the cats.
Cats should never be allow in a serious music room. They
like to lay on power amps and then the room smells like pussy.

I try to buy at least one new Jazz release per week (this week- Lalo Schirin's "Ins and Outs and Lalo Live at the Blue Note." Live cuts are excellent) , it would be nice to see this thread or a new one, become the Jazz picks for the week.