Why are record cleaners so expensive?

Full disclosure: I have only the Spin-Clean record cleaner and a Hunt EDA brush to clean my vinyl, but as someone who's been in the digital side of audiophilia for decades, and as someone who knows how much gear can get in any dedicated hobby, I'm still curious as to why a high end vinyl cleaner can cost more than three grand.

I'm not disputing the price; after all, Smith said that something's worth whatever someone pays for it. Moreover, a high end record cleaner might be able to do things to vinyl that nothing else can. Still, paying three grand for an Audio Desk cleaner seems a bit out of reason. $3K can buy a good set of speakers; a hand-made fly-fishing rod based on your height and weight and arm length; two weeks at a Fijian resort for two; a custom-made suit from an Italian mill. So why is a glorified vacuum cleaner $3K?

Again, not flaming, just curious. Enlighten me?

s
128x128simao
From what I've read, the high frequency units  dislodge smaller particles, are gentler than the 40hz units, and require more time to get the job done.  I'm in process of shifting from a $170 40hz Chinese machine to a $1350 Elma Sonic German unit that sweeps 37hz-80hz with more power.  The Chinese unit does slightly better than my VPI 16.5.  I'm hoping for more performance from the Elma. 
LMAO I am sorry but I have been in this hobby for years and not meaning to start a flaming war but seriously thousands for a record cleaner? I literally am shaking my head right now because the 1st thing comes to mind is Harley Davidson riders. Total sheep. Buy into anything Harley.  If it's branded HD they flock like sheep and will spend $$$$ because of either ignorance or buy into their expert marketing. Guys really I get bored also and over analyze this hobby but wake up and smell the roses. If it makes you feel better and have the money to waste feel free but your conscience has to get the better of you. Geez!!!
samzx12LMAO I am sorry but I have been in this hobby for years and not meaning to start a flaming war but seriously thousands for a record cleaner? ... If it makes you feel better and have the money to waste feel free but your conscience has to get the better of you."

I don't understand.
Are you saying that if you think spending thousands of dollars on a record cleaner is a waste, my conscience should keep me from buying one?

samzx12, I hear you about Harleys. But FWIW, I ride a Ducati 916 for sport and a Ninja 1000ABS for touring-- both of which require more than a yardstick to measure tolerances.  Ditto the quest for clean sounding records.
Cleeds what I am saying spending that much on a cleaner is just nuts. But of course if you can afford a gazillion dollar cleaner and it makes you feel good then so be it but there has to a little voice in your head saying this is ridiculous and I have to not be of sound mind lol. :)

Dgarretson cool bikes. One of my riding buddies has a Ninja 1000 but not with ABS.  I have a Triumph Speed Triple. Before that it was a Honda CBR1000rr. Not sure where you live but I am in Lexington KY so not too far from the Smokies :)