why doesn't everyone own a pair of spica's???

i'm looking at new moniters and everywhere i turn there are raves afer raves for the spica's. the tc-60's coupled with a good sub apparently can compete with almost anything playing anything on the market today. please give insight. i was looking at 500 to 1000 used moniters comparable or better to these legends.
uncertainsmile
The company being out of business for several years is a deterent as no replacement parts are available. It is a wonderful speaker, especially modded. There are competitors for that kind of money.
They are good, not great, my home brews and the maggies walk all over them. But for the money, which is why I have them.

They are not the most robust, driver wise.

jeff
Because people are stupid!!!!!!!!
Just kidding. Spicas were the biggest bargain going when new. I still have my TC50s. They are not perfect - they don't go very deep in bass and they don't get crazy loud. Compared to the best, they are not as rich throughout the band. However, if you value natural midrange, spaciousness, and resolution they are difficult to beat at any reasonable price. The Angelus is more refined sounding. I've never heard the TC60, but they were advertised as being more dynamic.
I also greatly admired the Maggie 1.6QR, but they are much more difficult in terms of amplifier choice & room placement