Will computer to DAC replace transports and cdp's?

From my limited reading it seems that a cd burned to a hard drive will be a bit for bit copy because of the software programs used to rip music files. A transport has to get it right the first time and feed the info to a dac. Wavelength audio has some interesting articles about computer based systems and have made a strong statement that a transport will never be able to compete with a hard drive>dac combo.

Anybody care to share their thoughts?
kublakhan
Streetdaddy,
After change the music folder to G drive, try "consolidate library" from the Advanced menu in iTunes. To free up space from the old location, delete them. Hope this help.
Gigi, i put all my music on the g drive {my hd }, then i went back and erased my c drive, where all the music was stored. I set my g drive as my music folder, and consolidated my library. Now when i start up itunes it is blank. The songs are on my g drive,tho. How do i get them to automatically pop up when i start itunes?
Ok, i just added the folder {my g drive} to my library and they all popped up. Do i have to do this every time?