Wyred DACS

They released the final specs for their DACs last week. Shipping this month. Anybody order? The DAC-1 is quite reasonable, but not upgradable to the asynch-USB, which the DAC-2 has. The DAC-2 also has the I2S but I don't know what it's gonna connect to.
cutterfilm
Hi Guys

No hidden agenda.

Yes I have posted this on a number of forums before posting here. Thats because I only just discovered this thread and thought guys that frequent here would like to know what I found out.

As to their value I think provided I make it clear what is going on people can make up their own mind. I believe it is of value knowing some people had problems during break-in. I believe it is of value some people didn't like the DAC and they are people that prefer DAC's like the PCM 1704 (sorry guys I accidentally called it a 1701 instead of a 1704 in my last post). I believe there is value in others pointing out the limitations of my comments. This is all part of getting the information out there for those interested in this DAC. After all this what forums like this are all about. I still have what happened with the Link DAC in my mind - basically about $1000.00 wasted - well not wasted really - I learnt a valuable lesson.

And yes in hindsight I guess I was a bit thin skinned about the lame comment. I dont get anything for posting - I have no hidden agenda - only the desire to help others and participate in some enjoyable debate about a hobby that since I retired is now taking up more of my time. Calling this 'lame' touched a bit of a raw nerve.

Can we proceed with me posting my observations and others pointing out issues and making their own observations? I will attempt to be as constructive as possible and hopefully others will do the same.

Thanks
Bill
Sure will let you know at 200 plus hours. The listening this Saturday may not have quite that time on it (but it should be close since Mike has been burning it in since about Wednesday last week) and although I will post what I find out here and elsewhere the exact amount of break-in will be made clear so no confusion can result.

And some time down the track I will be doing a direct comparison to the tranquility DAC, the other DAC people rave about since direct comparison to this DAC have not appeared. I almost certainly will not get this DAC for various reasons not related to sound (it only accepts USB input for instance and does not have a digital volume control for direct connection to an amp) but none the less this is one comparison I am looking forward to.

Thanks
Bill
I'm looking forward to hearing about the comparison with the Tranquility Dac.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has compared either of these with the Havana?
Will be doing a comparison of the WFS with the Havana on Saturday.

Thanks
Bill