zyx universe cartr.- ideal weight -ideal vta ,

Dear analogue friends , i want your assistance to regulate my zyx universe cartr.
I use conquerror tonearm and i would know the ideal tested cartr.weight -actually i tried 1,8 and 1,9 gr with good results, other question is if the arm must be completly parallel to the disk or slightly up for optimum performance.
comaris
Mariasplune not only is the superior sound that vinyl playback delivers satisfying but the fact that its hands on, your own trial and error thats what i love almost as much as the sound. Vinyl play back is a true hobby both in sound and hands on. If you dont experiment you will never know whats possible. Enjoy your weekend
All of a sudden things began to really get amazing. Right around 2.00 the sound just...well blew my head off...
:-)
... not only is the superior sound that vinyl playback delivers satisfying but the fact that its hands on, your own trial and error thats what i love almost as much as the sound.
Me too. It's like playing an instrument that needs constant, knowing attention to give its best.

Stltrains, AFAIK you're #2 in the world to successfully play a ZYX below 1.70g. Welcome to insanity. ;-)
Doug i forgot to ask, you mention that number 2 is your Universe of use now. Whats the story on number 1? Did it reach the point of retiping?
BTW really glad there forums like this where people can find out things of importance like our sickness, analog play back. For me its the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Seriously though i would not have even known of ZYX and Mr Mehran if it wasnt for this fine web site and your super info on them. The big rags dont seem to respect ZYX very strange.
thanks again.
"It's like playing an instrument that needs constant,knowing attention to give its best".

No arguement from me(too afraid,actually!!-:),and a perfect reason to become very "hands on" familiar with any good rig!!
Though the folks "here" are willing and able to do this,there are many potential serious vinylistas who don't go past the dealer's set-up choices.This business of voicing an analog rig seems to drive some folks away from LP play!It's really not that big a deal! PS...the guy who bought my Triplanar has not touched the dealer set-up,for four years,but is an avid music lover!!I mean the type to spend 500 dollars to see Wagner's Ring cycle,at the MET!! Go figure!!
Of course this leaves more vinyl for me to collect,but it really is a loss to all of us!One reason why the mainstream press is SO uninteresting!
I mean just last week I played a 49 year old disc(Command label...tongue in cheek,Enoch Light music..recorded by the Mercury team of Fine and Piros,which I got for a buck)which reinforced my "opinion"(don't want anymore trouble -:)that there has been NO real progress in "musical reality" on recordings.Just more convenience and choices.
BTW,anyone else,other than me,feel that the actual "phono cartridge"(the BEST of the breed) has been the "biggest" improvement in "real" reality,amongst the multitude of components that make up a great system?Do you think "this" has been the greatest breakthrough in music reproduction?

great thread, alway interesting to hear how people tweak the machine to bring it to higher levels. This will help me as I have recently upgraded to a universe cartridge (can't wait to get it!!). I have been using a zyx airy3s for a couple of years and have used dougs approach to fine tune my cartridge. When you find that sweet spot, the cartridge really sings. THanks for the string