Zyx Universe. O.24 mv vs .48 mv with low eff spkrs

I have a dilema

My Zyx Universe .24mv cartridge appears to be loosing its suspension characteristics. I believe an arm bearing not moving freely put too much wear on it.

I have 84 db speakers and have to crank at pretty high levels to get my volume up far enough to resolve things.

I know a .24 mv is going to have slightly more resolution and speed but woud I be better going with the .48 and having less stress on the amplification and higher output volumes?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xaudiotomb
Audiotomb quite the upgrade new speakers and a new cartridge. I upgraded to ZYX about three weeks ago and cannot imagine it getting any better, hope you enjoy the cartridge as much as I am. Make sure to post up and let us know how it turned out. Best of Luck
Doug - talked to Mehran, always a pleasure
generous exchange policy - I am upgrading to the ii. !!!
Woo-hoo! I figured he'd be generous to a repeat customer, that's always been his way. Mehran's one of the true good guys in audio.

When all the new goodies settle in, please update us on your impressions.

If you feel like taking the time, it would be instructive to hear how the UNI2 behaves with your Salk speakers. My guess (only that) is that it would slightly improve the perceived lack of dynamic headroom.
Al - I'm having the V2 upgrades being done by Lou at the moment (I found a great deal on a used pair)

I will definitely look into the jumpers

I've been so enamored by the original Universe I can't imagine what a ii will do.

I recently did Thom Mackris' Galibier upgrades - armboard and new motor pod. Thom really nailed it with both of those, low level detail, tight focus, dead solid
Thanks for the update, Tom. I recall, as you're probably aware, that Thom uses the Ulysses as his reference speakers.

Enjoy! Regards,
-- Al
Al

love your room - that wood looks gorgeous with the Ulysses

I first heard the Daedalus in 2011 at RMAF

I went into that room to finally meet Thom. What a pleasure. We were chatting quietly in the back corner and I was amazed at how wonderfully the Ulysses filled the room and had a great tonal balance. As an upright player I was taken, as Esperanza Spaulding sounded like she was in the room