Weights on top of equipment to dampen vibration

I'm looking into trying some of these. Are there weights specifically made to be placed on top of audio equipments, other than Mapleshade and Finite Elemente?
chenc
I use the KISS theory
Normal 15lb dumbells on top of each transformer ..works for me
Normal 15lb dumbells on top of each transformer ..works for me
Musicfile (System | Threads | Answers)
I was using weight plates for a while, until it occurred to me they might be magnetic. Tried a refrigerator on them, and sure enough...

Logic tells me this isn't good in proximity to transformers and sources of EMI, so I replaced the weight plates with brass weights.
interesting Tvad Where did you get the brass weights from ?

Important to note the weight doesn't sit directly on top of the transformer I have a blue circle puc in between the two surfaces

I checked Palmetto audio for the carbon blocks it doesn't look like they carrry these any longer.
I bought used Mapleshade Heavy Hats here on Audiogon. They are between 1
and 3 lbs.

However, any brass weights (scale weights, paperweights, etc) would work.
Search E-Bay.

Also see the suggestion for scuba diving weights above.
I still have a couple of VPI magic bricks. They are very well made, and look kind of sexy. I remember when they came out, a buddy and I were trying to tell by AB comparisons whether they made any difference. We decided it was important to be able to see them on the equipment in order to get the full effect. (But that was in the dark ages of the 80's; equipment is much more sensitive now.)

We developed on our own "magic towels," thereafter. You covered the top 1/3 of your dynamic speakers with them whenever the speakers seemed too bright. They were amazingly effective.