Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
...being that you are a strong proponent of "try-before-buy", were you able to demo a pair of the AN speakers in your home before you decided to order?
Sherod (Threads | Answers)
Unfortunately, no. There was no home demo available.

I heard them at RMAF, and once at LA HES in 2006, and that's it.
Okay. Getting back to speaker stands, one Audiogon member swears by the Audio Point SP101 Sistrum platform(8" height) as "smoking" the AN stand in his system. I think he owns the J speakers, though.
fwiw I have the Sound Anchor stands for my Audio Note kit 3 (model E) speakers and they are at least twice as beefy as the AN stands which are a bit flimsy IMO.

The downside on the Sound Anchors is that you can only put the speaker about 3" from the wall as the base is bigger (bottom of stand) than the speaker itself.

can not comment on the sound difference however, but I like them fine
11-01-09: Philjolet
fwiw I have the Sound Anchor stands for my Audio Note kit 3 (model E) speakers and they are at least twice as beefy as the AN stands which are a bit flimsy IMO.
Philojet, you hit on a point that is along the lines of why I am not jumping to buy the AN stands.

Also, the ability to place the speakers close to the walls is important, although 3" shouldn't be a problem.

Sherod, I own SP-101 stands, so I will try them. Their design precludes placing the AN speakers as close to the walls as is recommended, which is one reason the Sistrum stands are not ideal for the AN speakers, IMO ( in addition to the earthquake issue already mentioned).
Sherod, I own SP-101 stands, so I will try them. Their design precludes placing the AN speakers as close to the walls as is recommended, which is one reason the Sistrum stands are not ideal for the AN speakers, IMO ( in addition to the earthquake issue already mentioned).

Grant - Sistrum makes a stand specifically for the AN/e speakers. You just missed one for sale: Here's the cached ad