Grand Prix versus Stillpoints

Anyone compared Grand Prix Monaco to Stillpoints Component stand? In my case it would be for amps.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
Theaudiotweek, only you speak of isolation. I said a rack is a starting point and to hear your system at its best you will need some devices that control and dissipate vibration from the audio unit's (CDP,amp,pre,ect.) outer case in order to hasten the removal of the resonant energy and the vague musical memories you referred to in your thread. I use no mud, rubber or carbon fiber either so I am not sure why you mention that as we were discussing ultras and their ability to act as conduits for vibration with either hardhats against units case or attached as footers. You still do not mention which rack you use, but even in your thread you mention rack AND PLATFORM SYSTEM,not just rack. And that is my point, you need more than just a rack, so your comments about isolation seem misplaced as vibration control is where the subject was. Also your statement to design a pathway for resonant energy to pass to ground is exactly what the ultras do and what I have been saying is needed BESIDES a rack.
Theaudiotweak, I have another axiom-you cannot ever have too much isolation, or at least too many Ultra SSs. I have heard the benefits of Ultra SSs on the sliders on my StillPoints Component stands. A substantial improvement. I have heard also the benefits of Ultra SSs as the feet under this stand. Another major improvement. A friend reports the benefit of using an Accapella platform on the Ultra SSs on sliders above and with another layer of Ultra SSs on the platform.

Even with the "new technology" in my StillPoint Rack, I found major improvement with Ultra SSs under components on the acrylic shelves on the Rack. StillPoints even notes that putting the Ultra SSs directly on the rails of the Rack and not using the acrylic shelves is a major improvement.

What impresses me with all of this is how insidious vibration is. No one has mentioned the vibration of cables, but again I know all too well, that there is great benefit for isolating them from vibration.
There are many who have been consistent for the last twenty years in the applications of resonance collection and transfer to ground. The collection of resonance is supported by material selection { not plastic not carbon fiber not delrin not acrylic ] as well as several other key techniques. Your welcome to discover these on your own.
The same rack technology has been applied to the entire signal chain including internal and external cables. The platform is the same technology applied to a single device such as mono amps stereo subs..devices that sound better having their own separate path to ground. Some also need to brush up on their reading and comprehension skills. I have already repeated myself two and half times.
Norm

The application of resonance control to the cables was started many years ago. Though these materials added are considered passive by nature they become reactive to the electron flow as well as to floor borne and airborne vibrations. My system is wired in this manner. Thanks Tom
Theaudiotweak, I have been engaged in controlling resonances since the days of marble suspended on slit racketballs and Mode Squad TipToes. Most of these efforts amounted to spring with a resonant frequency somewhere. I have made comparisons of many such devices and chosen the better of the two tested, but always with most modest gain.

At one point I got a Halcyonic active device with no resonant frequency and thought it was quite good but very expensive. I could never afford more than two of these. The first StillPoints Rack with all components on it was far better than two Halcyonics and with the other components on Mana stands.

I think that the Ultras far surpass any prior device I have tried. They greatly reduce vertical vibrations. I also very much like the SR MIGs but have no idea why these cups should be effective.