Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Hi RugyBoogie -
Your part is travelling 3000 miles.... the earth itself according to google is 25,000 miles.
You have quite the analog arsenal. Looking forward to your 2.5 impressions as I'm sure others here are.
Cheers
Manitunc
Oh, lord, got two more et2s.
Oh - lordy - lordy - lordy - lordy - lordy - you now have five.

Maybe one will be a 2.5 with the high pressure manifold.

A dear friend of mine has 3 young children - all girls. But wanted at least one boy.

They tried one more time even though times are tough.

The next one was a boy. So Four kids.

He next had done to him what they did to his dog :^0 - so no more kids.

I hope you get a 2.5 in one of the two coming to you.

Otherwise Bruce can act like the stork and miraculously bring you a 2.5.

You just need to send him one of your ET 2's as a donor.

He can even customize it to run at the pressure you desire.

Now you can maybe sell Richard one of your extra Mag wands that he desires ?

Me thinks you like this ET2 Manitunc ?

Is it possible to tell us in a few words what made you buy 5 ?
Ct,
Well, first of all, I like both the design and execution. I had two, but never really set one up well, and sold one to a gent in Australia along with a few cartridges. He wanted an arm for his sp10, so I tried my et2 on one of mine to see if it would fit. Around the same time I acquired a surge tank and very quiet Wisa pump. Anyway, I set one arm up on my sp10-2 and the other on my lenco L75 PTP and took my time setting them up, and you know, I was really impressed. Then I wanted to get an oem template and mag arm, which came attached to another arm. This last pair came on a whim offer which was accepted.

I have a thing for out of the box thinking, interesting design and small manufacturer craftsmanship. The et2 fits in with my audio mods, Helius, sme, alpha son arms..

So to answer you question, I don't know.
10-28-13: Ct0517
Now you can maybe sell Richard one of your extra Mag wands that he desires ?
Economics 101 - from my university days -
If one were to put a value on the time spent trawling the net for a second hand arm wand, one would find that it is indeed more economic to simply purchase a new Magnesium wand direct from Eminent Technology. According to my last correspondence with Bruce a few months ago, they were still available, albeit there is no lead filled version for those who ill advisedly continue to attempt to make a Kuzma out of an ET.