California Audio Show ths wknd bttr than expected

If you live in the SF Bay Area, I encourage to attend the show today or tomorrow (7/31-8/1) in Emeryville. It's a small show, as first-year shows tend to be, but it exceeded my expectations with several excellent rooms. Only if people attend in decent numbers this year is there a chance for this to be a regular event, which would be a great thing. Lots of local companies not showing this year but if the show does well, maybe they will next.

Congratulations to Constantine Soo.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
I went yesterday to the show and it is small but very good. Here is your chance to audition much of the equiptment shown in many of the audiophile magizines at a leisurely pace. It is aslso an excellent opportunity to meet and talk with many audiophile about music and the equiptment.
Stand out rooms for me:

Lotus Group Granada open-baffle speaker. I'd heard it before, but this time I understood what all the fuss is about. Have them play the Boz Scaggs.

Evolution Acoustics with Dartzeel and Playback Designs. These were the smaller EA speakers in a fairly small room and I really loved the sound. Jonathan Tinn plays excellent music.

Magico V3 on the 14th floor.

Revel Ultima Studio 2 on the first floor. First time I had heard this speaker and it's hard to find fault with it. An engineering tour de force it seems to me.

Whichever room was playing the Quad ESl-2805. Too much bass where I was sitting but they sounded sweet and true like no other.

The new Martin Logan Ethos speakers impressed me.

YG Acoustics Carmel are very impressive on a lot of levels.
Nice show, first time for me
Went yesterday, going back today, liked a number of things heard,
give some kudos to Soundscape's room, not necessarily my favorite equipment BUT he had it meshing finely with the room no overdone or bloated bass, very listenable, same for Audio Note's room. Wish I could say that for more rooms but the chance to hear all this equipment is worthy of your time.
To be fair heard only two of the four floors so that's why I am going back today