AXPONA 2011 Atlanta reports/thoughts?

This was my first show......I really enjoyed checking out all the gear. I was really impressed with the sound in the Scaena room as well as the MBL room.
I know this has been probably been discussed before, but someone really needs to tell all these sponsors, distributors, and people to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were times that I didn't even feel welcome in certain rooms. In this economy, if I want to listen to one of my tunes on a $60,000 pair of loudspeakers, you should damn well roll out the red carpet. I understand "screening" tracks so no one plays gangster rap or 2 Live Crew or something that's offensive, but don't give me the third degree about whether or not my song will make your speakers sound good. Thoughts?
audioguy3107
Hi Jedinite.......I would still go, it was a lot of fun if you like the gear, and many of the exhibitors were great. This is only my opinion, but this is a trade show, not a retail store. If I go to the Atlanta Journal Auto show and look at a Porsche, they don't expect me to buy, it's a show for cryin' out loud. I'd go and have fun...of course I doubt anyone will let you sit there for 30 minutes to listen to what you brought since they have to appeal to a lot of different show goers. I thought it was pretty well done here in Atlanta.
'If exhibitors know your not serious about buying but conduct yourself in a professional manner would any of them still give you the time of day? I'm not looking for VIP treatment but may be some interaction.'

The fact that this is a consideration, speaks volumes about this so-called 'hobby'. I thought about the ongoing forum 'why aren't more people into high end audio?' As some one once said, 'we teach people / retailers how to treat us.'
Like Tom, the Voxativ Ampeggio just sounded amazing. The transparency and sense of separation b/w individual instruments were surreal! It is my dream speaker. I enjoyed the MBL room as well, but thought that the music was way way too loud. The Esoteric room was also quite nice. What did you think of that 180K TNT tube monoblock amps?
Purk,

I did like their slogan "Our Tube is bigger than yours". They were getting some very nice staging and presence from the venerable Vandy 3A sigs. Some people commented they thought the display should have used "better" speakers but I agreed with the designer who I spoke with while in the roon. He said since the Vandy speakers were a known performer and well on the reasonable side of price and value, the amps were showcased in the rig. I agree. 180K is a tough price point but man those tubes were sexy.
Soundsmith's Mr. Ledermann impressed the heck out of me and deserves kudos. I stopped in his room out of curiosity even though I do not have a TT and will likely not be getting one in the near future (unless I hit the lotto, 'cause none of my relatives will be leaving me any dough). Luka Bloom was playing on his Firefly speakers and sounded wonderful. (These speakers play bigger than than look.) He asked what I'd like to hear. I requested electric blues on his larger speakers, the Monarchs. He took the time to switch them over, pulled out SRV on vinyl, and cued up Tin Pan Alley. This is a 10 minute cut! And he let it play all the way through. I was quite impressed with both the speakers (IMO in top two of all monitors I heard at the show, and would be glad to own) and Mr. Ledermann for spinning such a long, electric blues cut at a show where most folks that I met were mainly into classical or jazz music. Thank you Mr. Ledermann! Actually, most all vendors I spoke with were quite friendly and usually accomodating. This was my first audio show. I expected more stuffed shirt type snippy vendors (like the ones at most now defunct B&M stores I had experienced over the years - sizing up my financial potential as I walked through the door) but was pleasantly surprised at how most were very nice people. (Hmmm ... where are those stuffed shirt, snippy barracudas these days? ... hmmm ...)