Cryogenic treatment of an LP?

Is this even possible? I am just thinking outloud here and wondering of the benefits and welcome your comments. I'm unsure if an lp could even survive the process normally targeted at metal components. (Warp factor 10 captain). Ultra freezing and then slowly re-heating a chunk of plastic. Still, one wonders exactly what impact molecular alignment would have (if any).

Through the employment of ultra-low temperatures, 300 Below, Inc. cryogenic processing helps improve all kinds of products by realigning the molecular structure of an object, optimally resulting in items which last significantly longer and perform far better than they were previously designed.
tubed1
Geoffkait - Unless cryo treating changes the physical shape of an LP then it should sound identical. The stylus doesn't do anything beyond following the surface of the groove. I don't get it. If cryo helps an LP then there's no limits.

Frozen waffles are not as good as fresh so what's the magic temp that makes everything better?
I think I am gonna try cryo treating my ears.
1- it reduces stress
2- improves their performance
3- and they will be homogeneous, and thus symetrical

Simply, it will make me a better audiophile!
"Geoffkait - Unless cryo treating changes the physical shape of an LP then it should sound identical."

It doesn't change the physical shape of an LP any more than it changes the color. Cryo treatment doesn't change the physical shape of brass, silver, copper or plastic. It does, however, change the atomic structure of the materials, and that is why the cryo'd LP sounds different, why a cryo'd cable sounds different, why a cryo'd gold ball travels farther, why a cryo'd knife stays sharper longer. Materials, like ideas, need to be examined in greater depth than just looking at the surface.

"The stylus doesn't do anything beyond following the surface of the groove."

Strawman argument, similar to the argument that "bits are bits."

"I don't get it. If cryo helps an LP then there's no limits."

Who said there are limits? You might not be aware that cryogenics has been used for many years by audiophiles and manufacturers to improve the performance of tonearms, cartridges, turntables, CD players, DACs, crossover networks, speakers, cables and interconnects, CDs and LPs. Audio related cryogenics in fact explains, in part, why so many cryogenic labs have sprung up in the last 10 years or so.

"Frozen waffles are not as good as fresh so what's the magic temp that makes everything better?"

There is no "magic temperature" since simple freezing in the the home freezer (obviously not nearly cryogenic temperature) can improve the performance of audio related items to a level quite similar to real cryo treatment.
"Frozen waffles are not as good as fresh"

Evidently they would sound better on your turntable though. Makes sense when you think about how the stylus would dig in to the soft dough and stuff.
Geoffkait - The stylus to LP connection is a physical transfer at the surface of the LP.

This is similar to a car driving down the freeway. Let's assume that the freeway is made of machined steel and that one lane has been cryo-treated and the actual surface finish was identical prior to the treatment.

Will the car perform differently because the atomic structure of the steel is more orderly? The performance on an LP doesn't depend on its strength or electrical transfer properties. The primary factor is the shape of the surface and cryo-treatment does not change this. The stylus isn't riding at the level of single molecules.

The only thing that I can think of would be that a cryo-treated LP would somehow resist vibration better, but generally a more uniform material will resist vibration less. This is why acoustic tile is often made up of several layers of material with different properties.

I'm skeptical that it works in cables, but when it comes to LPs I say placebo BS all the way. It would take someone doing an A/B demonstration of two identical LPs to prove that I couldn't tell a difference and then again after one had been treated. I might even require two identical turntables to be used side by side for the fastest possible input switch. I bet I could tell a difference IF someone told me which one was which. I don't think anyone has a good enough "memory" to compare the result using a single LP.