Whats the deal with these antique sound labs av-8s

I've just heard about these antique sound labs av-8 monoblock amps, and apparently they sound fantastic. Would a pair of these+a good preamp sound good? What kind of pre-amp would go well with these amps? I Know they only push 8 watts each, but supposedly these 16watters combined can push nicely. Thanks for any info on these bad boys, I can't seem to find any info!
-Ben
audiokidcinci
Tunes - I can see why you had such trouble spitting that out, it's bad news! I heard somewhere that the Wave 8 was produced as a loss-leader to get people interested in their brand. From their increased profile (or is it my increased awareness of them?), perhaps that was successful. I know they've made quite a splash recently with the over-the-top Hurricaine monos.

I believe we've also met on a Wave 8 thread before... yup, just checked. Did you pick up a second pair in the end?
Hey Ben,

TIC here again. I had a pair of the ASL Wave 8s. They didn't really do it for me. That said, for $200 or less used, I would still try a pair if you had speakers that are about 92db eff. or more. Heck, for $200 you can try them and resell them for about the same. So, you loss a couple of bucks on shipping. That's a fair deal.

I have the Bottlehead Paramours now and they are in a WAY different league. Of course, they are more than twice as much money, but still a bargain at full retail price. You do have to build them though. Fairly straight forward kit, but Oh So Nice.

So, did you decide on speakers yet? I saw Dave Dutill of Parker Audio today. He is currently sold out of Parker 95s, but can have some more built soon. He also has a couple of different hi-Eff. models to choose from.

BTW, did you get my e-mail?

Enjoy,

TIC
Good memory MW...lol, no, they are far and few between..and I think everyone who has them are holding on to them....I smell a "classic" here...
My only beef with them is the 6BM8. If you want to "roll" tubes some, your choices are much leaner than el84/el34/kt66/6l6/kt88 and many more.