Amp question... Forte 4a or B&K ST140

Well, I should add that I am also considering a Bryston 3B.

First an introduction, I don't make much money so everything I buy is used, I am a ranch hand, the job has lots of benefits, just doesn't pay very well. I listen to acoustic music the most, from folk to jazz, though sometimes I "jones" for blues.

I was using an Adcom GFA-2 but it died recently, while it wasn't really all that great an amp it powered my Ohm Walsh 2's very well, picked up an Adcom 535 at a pawnshop, it sucks with my speakers, just way too bright for my ears.

I am wondering if the Forte 4a would have the power to drive the Walsh 2 speakers? They are 4ohm, 88 dB @ 2.8 Volts, so they do require a little power to drive them.

Anyone have an opinion on either of these amps? There's no way to audition them prior to sale, so I will have to live with what I buy.

Thanks
rfreidel
No, the Forte'4 and the 4a are identical.
I purchased the Forte' 4a when new, and the only difference is an added set of balanced inputs and a pair of switches that only switch the input wires from one set (RCA) to the other set (balanced) The electronics are totally identical.
The only thing that IS different in the Forte' lineup for this model, was the Forte' 4 and Forte' 4a used 'hand-picked' Mosfets, and the lesser ones went into the Forte' 6. The Forte'4 (50 Watts/ch), and Forte' 6 (100 watts/ch) were also identical in construction, just the 6 was biased differently. (the Forte' 6 has a bit of a reputation of dying Mosfets, but not the 4 or 4a.) !!!!
I realize its been a while, but thanks for all the replies.

I wound up getting an Audire Forte. I am very happy with the sound of this amp, but now I need to upgrade the pre amp...

Guess its a never ending process.

Ron
I had both the Forte 4 AND Audire Forte, the Forte 4 is all together better.
The Audire forte was OK............BUT.........the FORTE 4a way a much better amp............
This just needed to be said.........
All the best!