What affordable amp should go w/ magnepan 1.6?

I am a real novice here guys. My situation is this, I am building a stereo system from the ground up, wich pretty much means I have nothing except the magnepan 1.6's. I am trying 2 figure out what I should use 2 drive them. I would like 2 stay under 1500(is that realistic?)and I am not interested in home theatre(possibly a sub later). I am very new 2 this so any and all info(cables,other components complimentary 2 the magnepans) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
nidan
Hi,

This is Joe Abrams at Portal Audio. A number of my clients have reported excellent results using the Portal Panache Integrated Amp with the Maggie 1.6. Please see our website at www.portalaudio.com
ATB,
Joe
Try the Outlaw Audio M200 monoblocks (www.outlawaudio.com). They drive the MG-1.6's very well. Also get a set of Mye Sound stands, these offer a real improvement over the stock stands. Good luck!
A friend uses an Audiomat Arpege integrated amp with very good results. Others have reported good results with Innersound amps. I don't sell either one, but they're fine products.

Brian Walsh