Multichannel amp s for an all B&W system?

I have an EAD Theatermaster Ovation Plus and B&W Matrix speakers (801 Series 3 mains, HTM1 center, SCM-8 surrounds).

I'm currently of the opinion that my Krell KAV-500i amp is the weak link in my system, so I'd like to upgrade. There's a slightly dark, mechanical, airless quality to the sound that I'd really like to get rid of. I suspect it's the Krell because that's exactly the sound I heard from the Krell Home Theater Standard pre/pro when I demoed it against the EAD Theatermaster.

The Krell amp is 100wpc and has great bass control. I'm seriously considering the EAD Powermaster amp, but I'm not sure if I should go with the 200wpc PM1000 or the 400wpc PM2000. Would the PM1000 risk sounding wimpier than the Krell?

What other amps I should consider? I'm looking for ones that err on the side of liquid, airy, and unfatiguing, but not at the expense of bass control or detail (isn't everyone?).

Thanks,
chouca
I think classe amps have exactly what you are looking for. Plus, they have great synergy with your speakers. Perhaps the CA-201?
Hello,
You should check out the Sherbourn amp or the newly factory-direct Gemstone Audio amp. Their website is
www.gemstoneaudio.com
I am not familiar with the EAD amps, though I would agree that the Krell may be your weak link, currently. My thoughts would be to check out a Theta Digital Dreadnaught II. You can configure it how you like - say, 225W x 3, 100w x 2 or 4 - and I really like how Theta amps sound.
The two 5-channel amps that I'd audition if I were in the market are the Theta Dreadnaught (the original Dreadnaught is a great used buy) and the Bryston 9B-SST. If you use your system mainly for music, you might also consider getting a 2-channel amp for the main speakers and a 3-channel amp for the center and surround speakers (or a 3-channel amp for the left, center, and right speakers, and a 2-channel amp for the surround speakers).