Refined 30-60 watt Tube amp

Looking to buy a new lower power amp as i will probably got to much higher efficiency speakers soon. Any suggestions? Budget is about 5 grand and i dont mind buying used. Sp[eakers will be living voice obx-r2s (6ohms 94db)I'd love to buy a Vaic but i just dont have 20 grand. Thanks
asonicyouth
45 watts on 94dB speakers is a lot of power. I know they are 6 ohm (? nominal), but damn. That's a lotta power. There are lots of low-medium power (not flea power) SETs that sound more power than they are. It might be due to the serious iron a lot of them have. Totally iron-fist-with-a-velvet-glove-type jobs.
You can find information on the Viva line at Walker Audio. I have no interest in the company. They use a variety of output tubes but the 845 tube Aurora is the most powerful at only 36wpc, however be careful of simple power ratings. Its a very expensive amp. If you've got that kind of money to burn check out the Cary 211. Refined is a tough adjective to define. I am surprised that you thought the BAT was "too" powerful, I like their sound. If you meant too full sounding then consider an SET or OTL as mentioned. I agree that the Atmasphere M60 is about as pure as it gets. The possibilities are innumerable- good luck
Has anyone heard the Graaf GM20 OTL? I have heard good things about it. Also, how about border patrol?
Mechans - What is it that you like about the cary 211?
I also checked out the deHavilland audio gear and it looks very promising. Where can i hear this stuff around NYC? Again thanks for everything
A used pair Antique Sound labs 1009. Employs a pair of 845's at 60 watts/channel.