comparison between Theta, Bryston, Krell, Parasound

Hey there fellow audians..i have the MAGNEPAN 3.6, CC3, 1.6 and DEF TECH SUPERCUBE REFERENCE for home theatre and music..am deciding between the pre/power combo of BRYSTON 9B SST/ SSP 1.7 ; EAD THEATREMASTER 8800/ POWERMASTER 5300 ; KRELL SHOWCASE PRE/PRO ; PARASOUND HALO A51/ C2..any comments/views?
attidude
You might want to take a look at the Gemstone Bluediamond. It did really well in a shootout over in AVSForum. They had the bryston and theta amps, as well as Sherbourne, Plinius, Lexicon, ATI, and some others I think. Anyway, they felt the bryston was too polite, and the Theta was nice but lacked dynamics. The Gemstone did really well, and when you factor in price, around $2,200 (5ch version) it killed the others. It was interesting to read a review by amatures, most professionals will only compare products to much more expensive items and sum up with some canned responce about how great a value it is. The biggest difference in audio gear is the price.
excuse me, "the Theta was nice but lacked dynamics"....
I don't own any Theta amps, but am very familiar with them. Theta amps are beyond "nice" and they certainly do not lack dynamics when fed a proper dedicated AC mains supply and are used in a matching system.
Personally, I would go with the EAD 8800 Pro paired up with a Theta Dreadnaught II. I own a Theta Intrepid and a pair of Enterprise monoblocks, and I have to agree that the dynamics are by no means a weakpoint. In fact, both amps seemed to equal an Edge NL-10 (which I auditioned in my home) in this regard, and the Edge amps have exceptional dynamics. Please note, though, I do have a dedicated amp line (9AWG Romex).