What's under your Classe Omega, or other big amp?

Hello,

I have a Classe Omega amp - the 250 lbs. Stereo version. My system is in the basement, thus berber on pad on concrete. So far I have it siting on the carpet.

I'm thinking points to replace the amp's feet, then direct on the carpet through to the concrete. Or, on a piece of butcher block (or some hardwood) or granite. And the granite or wood flat on the carpet with the pointed amp on top. Or points under the wood or granite as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What are you using?

Thanks,
Jim
128x128jim63
Nrchy, Squidboyw

I'd like to try the brass cones. Which cones would you recommend?

Jim,

My listening room is also a basement setup like yours except I don't have a pad under the berber. I don't have an Omega but I do have a pair of 301's. They're currently sitting on amp stands that have spike feet. Coupling to the concrete pad is the way to go.
That's a tough question. I had my cones, and those of squidboyw machined for me by an associate with access to a CNC lathe. I supplied the brass and he did the work. I used 2 1/2" brass for the latest set. Do you have access to anything like this, or to a machinest?
I use Sound Anchors stands under my Levinson stands.Under each amp is a half inch piece of glass and then about 10 Vibrapods between the glass and the top of the stand.
Sound Anchor stands can be custom built and cryoed if you want.
Sgr
Thanks, Nrchy. I don't know a machinist but I'm sure I could find a shop around if I needed to go that route. I checked on the web and it looks like I can get some Audio Points made to order. A set of 4 for $140 doesn't sound so bad for an experiment. Maybe I'll give these a try. Having the spikes directly mounted to the amp seems like it would be an improvement.