best used 2 channel preamp for under $2500

I am looking 2 channel preamp for under $2500 for my 2 channel set-up. I have Von Schweikert VR4 GenIII HSE speakers and JC1 monos amp. thanks and best wishes
stereo1972
Stereo1972,
Be sure to check out the thread "preamp deal of the century" which will give you all the info on the Supratek Syrah you would ever need. Good luck and have fun!
I second the deHavilland Ultraverve for 2495 brand new. It just one Enjoy the Music.com Preamp of the year award. I have the next step up preamp, the Mercury which is astoundingly good in my opinion. It simply passes music intact! The midrange is breath takingly accurate. It is capable of life like dynamics. The Ultraverve, I understand has many of the same characteristics.
If you are handy with a soldering iron you should consider the Raleigh Audio "Mood Indigo" line stage kit, available from K&K Audio. You can read about it in the current issue of AudioeXpress. $1800/kit. It is a balanced differencial design that is transformer coupled; both input and output. The output topology is a parallel feed design that uses CCSs to isolate the audio signal path from the power supply. It also uses a unique power supply design that uses a CCS to illiminate the need for large electrolytic caps plus a tube rectifier for good sound. Includes remote for volume and muting.