How do I keep my cats off my amplifier?

Since my amplifier is too large for an equipment rack, I keep it on a seperate amplifier stand. There is nothing above it to keep my two cats from climbing on top when it is turned on, which they always do, attracted by the warmth. At first I didn't mind until my Rotel RMB-1095 Amplifier shorted due to a build-up of cat hair falling inside. Now my front right channel is gone. I just bought an Integra Research RDA-7 to replace it.
Is there a good way (short of the cat pound) to keep them off?
blakjava
take the amplifier of the seperate amp stand and put it on the cats. your just messing with us, right? you dont have cats. best thread ever.
Here's an idea: dig a moat around both of your amps and fill them with water. Next, stock them with pirhanas, lion fish and great white sharks. If the water isn't enough of a deterrant, the contents should prove effective in eliminating the problem.

If that is not an acceptable solution, you might try a flame thrower, razor wire, a small mine field or you could just gently nudge them away with an Abrams tank.
My cat used to sit on my Proceed AVP for months upon months. I kept gently ushering her off, but she'd always return due to the warmth. Fast forward one year and I had to send it in for service. They called me and said: "What the #@*! did you do to this processor"?
It had one inch of cat hair piled up and in the circuit board. The hair went through the drilled vents in the top.
I also have a German Shepherd who still gets the cat scurrying to higher ground, so that is not a solution. That air bazooka is clearly the way to go. And to all the people with bats and rusty nails, would that be a suggestion for raising children? One should never harm animals, even if you don't like them.