DK Design VS-1 versus 300b sound

There has been a lot of discussion about the merits of the DK Design VS-1 MKII. I am curious about how lovers of the seductive sound of 300b tubes have felt when listening to this amplifier and whether this amp truly can bring together the bass slam of solid state with the warmth and musicality of the 300b.
hchilcoat
A pair of speakers built by a local speaker builder (Joe Berky) in Baltimore. They consist of separate monitor and subwoofer cabs. Monitors have an MTM design with a ScanSpeak Revelator tweeter between 2 Audax 5.25 inch carbon fiber midranges. Bass cabs have a single Scanspeak 8 inch driver. Hovland caps and alphacore inductors in the crossovers, about 89-90 db.

I bought a pair of ProAc 2.5's over Audiogon last year. UPS gorillas appeared to have dropped them from about 10 feet. Took them to Joe Berky at SoundProjects to see about repairing them, but ended up returning them to the seller. In the process I got to know joe and was impressed with his speakers.
Hchilcoat,you are correct there is not anything in your posts that amounts to shilling.Seems some here need better recall. Larry.
We have a custom 300b interstage coupled amp that makes about 7 watts and we have no lack of bass "slam" when coupled with the lovely pair of Samadhi Acoustics Natalias speakers (94db, 4ohm). SPL is higher than we care to use with rock/jazz fusion; voices are incredible. And Phil's bass on the Dead live tapes is quite authoritative.

The push/pull 300b class A interstage coupled amp we are building right now will have even more. So, no; a hybrid type amp is unnecessary and the sound of the 300b is great.

Buy something that is quality made and you don't have reliability problems. Some of that Chinese stuff is real garbage; looks pretty but the insides are lousy.
i to am curious as to what happened to the offer for 3 members to demo the amp as a matter of fact i cant even find the thread that started all this.

i too am finding the questions lately about the amazing dk design group products to be a little on the strange side to say the least.

for what its worth there's a big difference in"leaping to a guys defense" & saying that when a guy comes straight in without the cover of an alter screen name he should be talked to better than a shill.

mike

Dear friends,

The 3 Audiogon members have already been selected and will be announced on the Audiogon homepage later today (Jan. 25th). This will put the product into the hands of very experienced audiophiles and respected Audiogon members. This will result in some very exciting and unbiased reviews.

Stay tunedÂ…

Daniel Khesin
www.DKdesignGroup.com
Tel 646-485-0754
Fax 646-219-2572