Supratek Tubes and Tube Swappin' for Everybody

I will have a Supratek Chenin in my set up in a day or so. Since so many folks are rolling tubes around here I was hoping to garner a comprehensive list of everybodies favorite tube compliments. Be it NOS or NIB or WLATB (Whatever's layin around the basement)
Being that the "Deal of the Century" thread is a little more like a novel I figured this would be a good place to post questions and answers related to one subject of Supratek amps and pres.
On to the subject of me. I don't have immediate plans to swap tubes as I've figured that Mr. Maloney would supply us with something listenable for the break in period. But, since so many have reported such dramatic improvments I want to ask this question:
What is your favorite compliment for quietest gain and dynamics in the phono stage?
I will be using the Chenin exclusively for vinyl ( I don't have a CD player) and listen to loads of early rock and roll and Jazz bands, smaller jazz bands mostly, quartets and quintets. Some classical, the usual Beethoven and Mozart, but usually just a lot of loud garage rock.
Ok, now lets see what happens.
mc5baby
Hi Sorlowski. They are the same tube and made by the same company. Sometimes can be labelled as M-O valve as well.Genelec was the British division of the General Electric Co. The kt-66 is a beam power tube and was developed as an uprated equivalent to the American made 6L6 and far superior sounding in most audio amplifiers when employed as an output tube. And one of the best tubes when used as a regulator in the suprateks.
Thank you, I'm asking because all GEC KT-66 I have seen were gray glass, and Genelec KT-66 were clear glass, the some shape though. So I thought that they must be different companies.
These companies simply underwent numerous brand and operational name changes through the years under different ownerships. MWT (Marconi Wireless Telegraph), Osram (Edison General Electric), Genelec (General Electric), GEC (General Electric Company), Marconi Valve, Marconi Osram, English Electric, et al (I'm sure I missed a few) are all essentially the same company at different stages during history.

GEC-branded KT66 came in both clear and grey glass, black or brown base. The reason why most Genelec-branded KT66s are clear glass is because this was a marketing name used in later years (when only clear glass KT66s were produced). Similiar, the reason why ST "coke" bottled KT66s were mostly labelled as MWT or Osram is because these were developed and sold during the earlier years. Although brand names aren't an abosolute indicator of vintage, it can give some general insights as to when the tubes were sold.
Thank for info, I have though that Marconi is Italian company and Osram German company ?
Is there a difference in sound between gray glass or clear glass GEC, Genalex ?
The Marconi companies were named after their famous founder, Guglielmo Marconi. He was an Italy, but he established and operated his company in England.

The grey glass version is usually regarded as tubier sounding: a bit sweeter, richer, and warmer. The KT66 did go through a few changes with it's oxide plate coating, which probably explains the differences in sound (likely has little or nothing to do with the graphic coating on the glass).