Power for Thiel 7.2

Would two (2) Classe Ca 301 in mono mode be enough (600 w at 8 and 1200 at 4) or a single Krell stereo mode at 400 w channel 8 ohm 800 4 ohm.
Which way to go?
mobe
I had the opportunity to visit Thiel about 5 weeks ago. In their listening room they were using the 7.2s with Krell monoblocs with Alpha Core Goertz AG3 speaker cables. I've been told that Jim Thiel voices all of his speakers using the Alpha Core cables. Thiel's website lists some amplifier companies that they use (and it seemed that they have at least one sample from each of theese companies in their listening room). As far as cabling goes, they recommend Alpha Core, Audio Quest, Cardas, KimberKable, Nordost, Straight Wire, Synergistic Research, Transparent, and Wire World.

I personally have tried the lower line Alpha Core cables with my 2.3s and was not pleased. I have heard good results with Kimber and Synergistic on many Thiel models, though the 7.2s sound fantastic with the AG3 in Thiel's listening room. The rest of their system consisted of a BAT preamp and a Musical Fidelity SACD player (with Alpha Core interconnects).
I, too thinking of to get a pair of MC602 for the Watt/puppy 5.1. I am using Ayre K1 and Melody 1688II preamps with Sonic Frontier power 3 and JRDG model 5 balance. Anyone can give me some ideas for the watt/puppy 5.1. I 'd like to have a bit more warmth to the mid&high.
Thanks
I am currently using a solid state pair of Brown Electronic Lab (BEL) 200-watt Class A each channel with the 7.2. Sound is great. Excellent control in the bass.

Generally I would say solid state works well with Thiel speakers. I used to own CS2 and CS3.6. Tube was okay with CS2, but not CS3.6.
Kowkow, The Pass x250.5 is not enough power for the Thiel 7.2s. I would suspect that one would probably even need the x350 for the 2.4s. Overbudgeting on the speakers has essentially left you speaker-poor for the rest of the system. Thiel requires top electronics to be satisfactory. Short-changing the rest of the system will make it very difficult for you to really get the Thiels to show their best. Having gone from Pass x350 to x600, I can say that power is required to get their effortless full-range sound. You should consider selling the speakers unless you forsee being able to upgrade the amp.

Mobe, For me, the 7.2s have remarkable bass with pinpoint accuracy. I can point to the exact position of the kettle drums and the gong and the double basses in the orchestra. The bass has speed and heft, without being boomy. However, the bass was the most expensive aspect to really optimize. It requires proper set-up, power, and cabling. I'm using Nordost Valhalla, which has remarkable bass definition and speed. Some say the Valhalla is a tad dry, but I haven't found better for the bass. Same for the Elrod Statement powercords. These have energized the lower frequency to give it speed and definition. Is this speaker too fickle? Perhaps. Some might say that at that price, you should be able to plug anything into it and be impressed. However, I have not found a speaker yet that has made me want to sell these.

Rob